Saturday, June 17, 2006

BUCKLE UP!

I awoke to discover the sirens I heard most of the night recently were the result of a 2 car accident on a road very close to my house that I travel very frequently. The wreck injuring 9 people, 1 critically, all under 20, from at least 3 different area schools, including Emmaus. Many of those injured were not wearing seatbelts. First of all I hope for the best for everyone involved.
I'm blogging about this for mainly two reasons, first of all to remind everyone reading this to buckle up and drive responsibly.
Secondly to go on a mini-rant, about how the local media is stereotyping yet again as they drum up the "horrors of teenage driving". It's a subject that I've been fighting with my parents for years (and may have been finally making progress before this was on the front page). I just think it's a shame that teenagers in general get a bad rep as drivers, because of the poor decisions made by a select few. There are responsible drivers my age out there, as I'm sure many of you reading this are, and as I'd like to believe I am. Unfortunately some drivers continue to make poor decisions with regards to stuff like drinking, speeding, and seatbelts.
Ok, and to brigher and better news once I come up with something...

No comments: